As the new year is progressing, I have taken some time to address what my genealogical goals for 2013 are. I have broken them down into long term and short term goals. Some are things I’ve been meaning to do, just haven’t had time while others are events I plan on attending or studies I hope to pursue.
Long Term Goals:
- Organize my office (this is more of an ongoing, every day resolution, but still, I need to keep it visually handy.
- “Process” my binders. This is in relation to my organization system according to family groups. I recently changed it a little bit and so all of my families need to be caught up.
- Finish and submit my BCG application by December. (I went “on the clock” at the end of December 2012.)
Short Term Goals:
- Revise and post my mission statement on my website.
- Attend GRIP and IGHR provided I get into the desired courses.
- Add “Mentoring” to my business plan.
- Attend more online webinars, explore and read more blogs, read the books and magazines I’ve gathered.
- Create some new programs. I’ve been a little stagnant lately and have not created any new programs to present to local societies.
- Do more work for my society’s Quarterly.
That’s what I’ve got for today. This list always changes throughout the year but this feels like all of the goals I have been thinking about since the New Year began. I hope you all have your lists and are working toward your goals!